The project has a total budget of € 1,817,972, 60% (€ 986,947) of which is co-financed by the European Commission through the LIFE 2014-2020 Program on Environment and Climate Action of the European Union, under reference LIFE15 CCA/ES/ 000091 for Environmental Policy and Governance.
Likewise, the project has had the support of the Generalitat Valenciana through IVACE.
The cost of this experimental demonstrator project, including craft manufacturing of the ceramic pavement, project and construction management, personnel costs dedicated to the management and the construction work itself has amounted to € 757,105.
According to the data recorded in the period from September 2018 to July 2019, it is estimated that 1,060,000 liters (just over a million liters) have fallen on the demonstrator area, in a total of 28 precipitation events of more than 1mm of accumulated rainfall (with a total of 322 mm of accumulated rainfall in the period). The system has managed 100% of the rainwater fallen on its surface, with only 14% (149,255 liters) having been discharged to the conventional drainage system once the water was filtered. The remaining 914,695 liters (86%) were returned to the field once filtered.
From the standpoint of improving the quality of the water filtered by the system, the results show percentages of removal of suspended solids in the order of 80%, coupled with very significant reductions in BOD5, COD, hydrocarbons, grease and oils. From a microbiological point of view, the water stored in the cistern is shown to be suitable for reuse in irrigation.